Litrpg...my new favorite genre.

 Just in case you have no idea what that means...


You've heard of Ready Player One, correct? No, not the movie, it sucked. (Apologies to those of you who enjoyed it.) I'm talking about the book, written by Ernest Cline. Anyways, like Ready Player One, Litrpg refers to the story mainly taking place in a Virtual Reality setting. Though RP1 is definitely it's most welknown example of this genre, it's by no means it's 1st.

With a quick Google search, that particular honor goes to 'Pygmalion's Spectacles' by Stanley G.  Surprising, but very interesting. The 1st book I came across with a VR setting was The City of Golden Shadow by Tad Williams. I loved that book alot, but sadly not so much with the further books. I am seriously considering not only rereading the Other land series again (Of which The City of Golden Shadow is the 1st book.) But also rereading his Sorrow, Memory and Thorn series and reading his other stuff for the 1st time. ( Like with Otherland, I loved The Dragonbone Chair, but the rest of the books were kind of meh.

Anyways, 2 years ago I bought a free ebook from Amazon called Ascend Online by Luke Chmilenko and I really liked it. And enjoyed it just as much when I reread it this December, (Because I was planning on either buying the sequel, as well as a few other books, or buying a Kindle Unlimited membership, where this book and it's sequels are a part of.) 

I noticed that there is a shit ton of Litrpg books on amazon, many of them offered thru KU, though not all. And it really inspired me to check out other litrpg books. So started reading Awaken Online by Travis Bagwell. I might post a review about that once I finish, though tbh, it's been on the back burner lately. 

I also read the 1.5/2nd book in Ascend Online called Hell to Pay. Now, it's in the same universe, and references to some of the events in the 1st book, but different circumstances. I pretty much liked it;)

And have started reading the next book, but that book too has been backburnered. (Due to my getting distracted by Internet and other stuff.)

So, has anyone else been reading books in this genre, if so what?

Comments